Cross-Connection Surveys in Santee, California
Evaluating Systems for Customers in San Diego County and Imperial County
At Backflow Services Inc, we understand the importance of identifying and eliminating the potential cross-connections to prevent backflow in your water supply. Cross-connections often exist between drinking water and non-drinking water systems, such as sprinkler systems, swimming pools, boilers, equipment or hot tubs. Our professional plumbers conduct thorough cross-connection surveys to ascertain cross-connections within your property. We then recommend solutions for eliminating or protecting these connections, ensuring the safety of your water supply. Our cross-connection surveys identify all potential cross-connections, and our team provides practical and cost-effective installation and repair solutions tailored to your specific needs to address any issues we find. We prioritize your safety and safeguard your water supply, ensuring that you can trust us to deliver the highest quality service available.
Schedule a cross-connection survey with our Santee team, or just request a free estimate, by calling (619) 848-6866 today!
What Is a Cross-Connection Survey?
A cross-connection survey is an essential process that helps plumbing professionals identify potential sources of contamination in a building's water supply. Cross-connections occur when the potable or drinking water system in a building comes into contact with non-potable water, which can potentially contain harmful bacteria, chemicals, or other contaminants. These connections can allow a backflow of non-potable water into the drinking water supply, putting the health of building occupants and the community at risk. A cross-connection survey is used to identify potential cross-connections that exist in a building's plumbing system. Surveys typically involve an onsite visit by trained professionals who will inspect every pipe that leads in and out of the establishment. By performing this inspection, we can identify possible cross-connections and then make recommendations for the installation of backflow prevention devices or assemblies that will effectively protect the drinking water system from being contaminated. The goal of a cross-connection survey is to ensure that the building's water supply is safe, clean, and up to code so that occupants can have peace of mind that they have reliable access to clean, potable water free of contaminants.
Our Cross-Connection Surveys Can Identify:
- Chemical Contamination: Chemicals used in your building, such as cleaning agents, pesticides, or fertilizers, that may contaminate the water supply.
- Backflow: This occurs when contaminated water flows in the opposite direction from a plumbing system into the public water main. Backflow can occur due to a sudden drop in water pressure, resulting from an unexpected plumbing issue or a sudden demand for water.
- Physical Hazards: Any physical hazards that might penetrate the plumbing system, such as debris or insects, that could contaminate the water supply.
- Cross-Connections: Cross-connections between potable and non-potable water supply sources, such as sprinkler systems, garden hoses, boilers, equipment, or pools.
- Biohazards: This includes contaminants from bacteria found in sewage, food processing or livestock operations, and other potential biological sources.
Does your property require a cross-connection survey? Call our Santee office at (619) 848-6866 today to start consulting with our survey team!
Benefits of Conducting Regular Cross-Connection Surveys
- Identification and Elimination of Potential Sources of Contamination: Our surveys help identify potential sources of contamination in your plumbing system, which can be effectively eliminated using different backflow prevention services.
- Reducing the Risks Associated with Backflow: Cross-connection surveys can help reduce the risk associated with backflow incidents by identifying the probability of contamination and providing information that can be used to take preventive measures.
- Keeping Your Property Up to Code: Regular cross-connection surveys help ensure that the plumbing system is up to code and meets industry standards for health and safety.
- Lower Risk of Waterborne Illnesses: A survey can reduce the risk of waterborne illnesses caused by contaminated drinking water, protecting occupants and the community.
- Cost Reduction: Identifying hazards in plumbing systems and implementing cross-connections surveys can help save money associated with potential damage and health hazards caused by drinking contaminated water.
Schedule a cross-connection survey for your San Diego County or Imperial County property by calling (619) 848-6866 or reach out to us online.